Friday, June 12, 2009

The goal of this blog

I always thought it would be a cool idea to have a blog where people could follow me as I strive to learn the daunting task that is jazz guitar. After playing guitar for about 6 years, I realized that I hit a slump and wasn't going to improve until I gave jazz a shot. With all of the theory and complex "things" involved, my past year has been a challenging but rewarding one.

Through lessons, books, and other online resources, I think I've gained a pretty good foundation in jazz guitar that can keep me going as long as I am motivated. Thus, having a blog, I'd need to keep playing so that I could post, right?

This may seem like the most self-centered guitar blog you've come across, but I intend for it to be a learning experience for all. I plan to post as I learn and practice, gain feedback/suggestions from you, and create a mini-community for guitarists who want to improve themselves just as I want to.

So as I learn, you learn. And hopefully vice versa. Enough chatting, time to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment