Friday, June 12, 2009

First post / sound testing

Just looking to test my recording setup as it is right now. Nothing fancy, just a solo version of On Green Dolphin Street. Learned this from "Lick By Neck", which has a lot of tabbed out versions of jazz pieces. The good thing about it is that you can slow it down and look at the fingerings step by step. The bad things is just that: all you have are tabs, and it teaches you nothing about music (just how to play it!).

I try to avoid tabs unless accompanied by standard notation, and prefer standard notation alone. It's about 1000x harder for me right now, but is way more useful. Again, just wanted to test out this sound stuff. The setup is straight from my guitar to the computer, so it's not incredible. I'm working on improving that.

Green Dolphin Street test

No comments:

Post a Comment